Mushrooms on Toast
Quick and simple breakfast or snack
- 200g Oyster mushrooms
- Nice bread
- Butter and/or Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Slice your mushrooms or tear into chunks
- Heat a frying pan up with a little oil and/or butter, add the mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir frequently for around 5 – 10 minutes.
- Toast and butter the bread and when the mushrooms are golden around the edges, pop them onto the toast.
Mushroom Donor Kebab
Check out this amazing mushroom Doner kebab, a great vegetarian evening meal. Packed full of veggies and sauce, yummy.
We tried this easy mushroom stroganoff recipe with our yummy oyster mushrooms…was delicious!
Taco-Tuesdays – BBQ pulled mushroom tacos!
We found this amazing recipe on Instagram @yuhan.kitchen for oyster mushroom tacos, they look divine!!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
400 g Oyster mushrooms
1 medium onion, sliced⠀
1 teaspoon garlic powder⠀
1 teaspoon smoked paprika⠀
2 tablespoon olive oil⠀
100 mL ketchup⠀
30 mL soy sauce⠀
20 g dark muscovado @billingtonsuk
lemon juice from half lemon⠀
4 small tacos ⠀
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 red cabbage, sliced⠀
1 small carrot, sliced⠀
salad leaves of choice⠀
1. Combine all ingredients for BBQ sauce in a measuring jug, mix well. ⠀
2. Shred the mushrooms by tearing from the cap down to the stem. Add mushrooms and sliced onion in a large bowl. Pour over the prepared BBQ sauce, mix with a spatula until all mushrooms are coated. Marinate the mushroom for 30 minutes. ⠀
3. Heat up a frying pan, transfer the marinated mushrooms in the pan (keep the remaining sauce in the bowl). Fry the mushroom at medium-high heat for 10 minutes until mushrooms absorbed most liquid, stir occasionally. If you like crispy “pork”, leave it to fry longer. ⠀
4. Heat the tacos on both side slightly on a fry pan before assembling. Pull the cooked mushrooms with two forks and top with salad leaves, chopped avocado, sliced red cabbage and carrot. Add more remaining BBQ sauce on top and enjoy.⠀
You can use other mushrooms, but oyster mushrooms give the best pulled texture.